Thursday 27 December 2012

Bochner + Gili @ Whitechapel

Whitechapel Gallery was the only art gallery that was open yesterday because of the Boxing Day holiday.  Although the Underground strike made getting around town quite challenging, I did manage to drift from west London (where I'm staying) to east London (where the gallery is) and back, not without delay though.  The reward was an inspiring show If The Colour Changes by Mel Bochner and a limited edition book from the gallery store on Jaime Gili.

Bochner's cerebral installation Theory Of Painting was my favourite but I couldn't get a picture of that.  Sorry this is the only picture of Bochner's other works I can find:



The book Jaime Gili: Repetition contains not only Gili's works, along with surprising variations, but also an interview of the artist by Pablo León de la Barra: